Saturday, September 13, 2008

malaysiakini Should Promote This for PEACE in MALAYSIA


As Malaysians struggle to find meaning in the 3 ISA arrests this song is a powerful reminder to all that the road to justice is long and arduous.
Let us learn the Serenity Prayer and adapt it for those who rule over us. (To adapt use he/she instead of I, etc)

SERENITY PRAYER
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.


Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

In loving memory of
Fr Bertram Griffin -- 1932-2000
Requiescat in Pace

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3, 5-6

Thanks to You Tube. Joan Baez sings "We Shall Overcome"
Serenity Prayer from http://www.cptryon.org/prayer/special/serenity.html

No comments: