Sunday, January 4, 2009

malaysiakini and a Case of "TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE"

According to this malaysiakini article, it seems that the government is being transparent in releasing 16 out of 22 or 73% of the Highway concession agreements .
For a government that has spent billions of RM on Cyberjaya and IT, it seems that the Works Ministry is trying to make it inconvenient for the public to educate themselves on how mega-deals were awarded.
I agree with the MCA that all the deals are disclosed and not based on selectivity as mentioned in this Star article ‘Open up more on toll deals’
I expect that the 6 deals that are being protected are the earlier deals as these were probably the most lop-sided and mostly given to cronies or party-connected.
BTW, I believe I was the first person to use the word "piratisation" way back in the 80s when I used to write letters to MSM like the Star, NST and MM.
Unfortunately the NET was not in existence for the public so I cannot be certain of this claim.
But the word was used in connection to the NSH.

No comments: